Administration Coordinator (Maternity Leave Contract)
About the Organisation
The Women’s and Girls’ Emergency Centre (WAGEC) is a non-government, not-for profit charitable organisation that delivers a range of crisis and early intervention accommodation and support services to women, children, young people, and families who are experiencing, or at risk of homelessness and/or domestic and family violence.
We have operated in Sydney’s inner city and inner west for over 40 years. We currently deliver our Families Service through an alliance with the St Vincent De Paul Society, Jewish House, Wesley Mission and Stepping Out. Other WAGEC activities are delivered in partnership with community, business and government stakeholders.
About the Role
The Administration Coordinator is responsible for overseeing and implementing WAGEC’s general administration tasks and processes. The core responsibilities are:
1. Deliver general office administration and operational support across the organisation
2. Coordination of property management and maintenance of head office and residential properties.
3. Coordination of in-kind donations.
4. Actively contribute to WAGEC’s organisational culture and safety.
5. Read the full position description here.
To excel in this role, you will be able to maintain attention to detail and good process whilst working in a complex, dynamic environment with many competing commitments. You will use your relationship skills and drive to get things done with others. When there’s a problem, you want to solve it. When there’s work to be done, you roll up your sleeves and dig in. Mostly, you want to contribute your administrative skills to creating a safer future for women and families.
To be considered for this role, you can demonstrate knowledge and/or experience in:
· Delivering administration and/or customer service and/or project management processes in a charity / not for profit setting (including in voluntary roles), and
· Understanding and/or sensitivity to the experiences of women and children affected by homelessness and domestic and family violence.
· Other competencies, experience, qualifications and physical capacities described in the position description.
How to Apply
1) Read the position description available on our website www.wagec.org.au
2) If you have any questions, please call/email us before making an application
3) Send your application which should contain:
• Your 2-3 page CV / resume, and
• A brief cover letter telling us why you think you are the best person to fill this role and what characteristics you will bring to the WAGEC team.
4) Applications close at 9.00am Friday 24th January 2020.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com
QUESTIONS: Meredith Turnbull WAGEC Recruitment Consultant
Phone: 0437 880 010 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org