About the role
The Communications Officer is responsible for creating a wide range of communications that tell the stories within WAGEC’s work to engage our internal and external stakeholders and grow their understanding and commitment to our vision and purpose. The position works under the direction of the Marketing Manager and collaborates with staff from across the organisation.
1. Communications, Copywriting, and Storytelling: create compelling, strengths-based written and visual communications for internal and external audiences and use across multiple channels (40%)
2. Graphic Design: design digital and print material for internal and external use (20%)
3. Fundraising and Communities Strategy: actively contribute to WAGEC’s Fundraising and Communities Strategy and Marketing & Communications Strategy (20%)
4. Administration: complete fundraising and communities administration tasks in a timely and thorough manner (10%)
5. Organisational Culture: Actively contribute to WAGEC’s organisational culture (10%)
How to apply
- Read the position description here.
- If you have any questions, please call/email us before making an application
- Send us your application which should contain:
- Your 2-3-page CV, and
- A 2-page cover letter telling us why you think you are the best person to fill this role and what characteristics you will bring to the WAGEC team.
- Links to samples of your written, visual and /or other communications work.
- Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accepting applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Meredith Turnbull, WAGEC Recruitment Consultant
Phone: 0437 880 010
- WAGEC is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse staff team. If you think you have what it takes to do this role, but you don’t meet our selection criteria, please get in touch anyway to discuss your situation. We recognise that sometimes the right person for a job is based in personal qualities and not just qualifications.
- Please note, to be considered for any roles with WAGEC, you must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (minimum 2 doses), given the nature of our work. You will be required to provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccination throughout the application process.