Type: Full Time
Salary: SCHADS Level 4 - Currently $77,584-$83,479 k + Super + NFP salary packaging
Additional benefits also include:
- 2 days paid wellbeing leave each year
- $500 self-care allowance each year
- Access to EAP
About the role
The Communications Officer is responsible for creating a wide range of communications that tell the stories within WAGEC’s work to engage our internal and external stakeholders and grow their understanding and commitment to our vision and purpose. The position works under the direction of the Communications & Marketing Manager and collaborates with staff from across the organisation.
The core responsibilities of this role are:
1. Communications, Copywriting, and Storytelling: create compelling, strengths-based written and visual communications for internal and external audiences and use across multiple channels (40%)
2. Social Media and Digital Marketing: create engaging social media content. Organise social media calendar, posting and scheduling. Administration of WAGEC’s email marketing and blog (20%)
3. Fundraising and Communities Strategy: actively contribute to WAGEC’s Fundraising and Communities Strategy and Marketing & Communications Strategy (20%)
4. Administration: complete fundraising and communities administration tasks in a timely and thorough manner (10%)
5. Organisational Culture: Actively contribute to WAGEC’s organisational culture (10%)
Skills & Qualifications
In order to be successful in this role, you will have the following:
- Previous experience working in a similar role. Experience working for a community service or not-for-profit organisation is preferred but not necessary.
- Previous experience in storytelling and copywriting. Good understanding of tone of voice and ability to write engaging content for multiple different audiences.
- Previous experience in social media marketing (Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn). This includes the creation social media content, organisation of social media calendar, copywriting, posting and scheduling.
- Previous experience in simple graphic design is preferred. This can include Adobe Suite or Canva.
- Previous experience in using Mailchimp (or similar) is preferred.
- Previous experience in Shopify preferred but necessary.
Read the full position description available
WAGEC are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse staff team. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people and people from cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people.
If you think you have what it takes to do this role, but you don’t meet our selection criteria, please get in touch anyway to discuss your situation. We recognise that sometimes the right person for a job is based in personal qualities and not just qualifications.
How to Apply:
- Read the position description available and check out our range of work at www.wagec.org.au
- If you have any questions, please email us before making an application
- Send us your application which should contain:
- Your CV and
- A brief cover letter telling us why you think you are the best person to fill this role and what characteristics you will bring to the WAGEC team.
- Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so please apply as soon as possible.
For further information:
Billie Edwards, Marketing and Communications Manager