Director of Fundraising and Communities
About the role
The Fundraising and Communities (F&C) team drives WAGEC’s financial and community engagement strategies. The team’s vision is for a sustainable, relational and feminist fundraising program that generates substantial revenue and creates meaningful social impact for our community.
The Director of Fundraising & Communities is responsible for overseeing and guiding the fundraising, leadership, marketing and communications, and community engagement functions that drive the revenue, growth, development and sustainability of WAGEC.
Reporting to the Deputy CEO and leading an energetic and talented team, this role offers an opportunity for an experienced fundraising professional to expand
WAGEC's reach, and generate funds and partnerships that will help to keep women and children safe.
The key accountabilities of the role are
- Increase fundraising revenue
- Build organisational capacity and expertise in fundraising
- Proactively drive a fundraising culture across the organisation
- Deliver communications, brand and marketing strategies to tell our story and measure our impact
- Nurture existing donors while driving new donor acquisition through careful stewardship of donor journeys
- Drive growth across key fundraising channels:
- Individual Donors, Major Gifts & Philanthropy
- Trusts & Foundations
- Corporate Support & Partnerships
- Community Fundraising
The responsibilities of the role are
- Fundraising strategy, operations and business development: Drive WAGEC’s strategy for revenue growth through donations, grant management, partnerships, and philanthropy.
- Leadership and management: Lead, manage and support the Fundraising & Communities Team. Contribute to strategic direction, planning, finance and budgeting as a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Community Engagement: Drive supporter relations, maintain and develop WAGEC’s brand reputation through high-level and strategic relationships across the corporate, community and philanthropic landscape.
- Marketing, Brand and Communications: Oversee WAGEC’s marketing, brand and communications strategy and operations.
- You are passionate about WAGEC’s purpose and have previous experience in a similar role at executive or senior leadership level
- You'll value leadership and have significant experience managing and developing teams in multi-disciplinary organisations, experience working with volunteer programs will be highly regarded
- You'll have demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and measuring fundraising and community engagement strategic objectives and targets
- You have a thorough understanding of managing key fundraising channels, generating revenue and writing grants
- You'll have excellent communications and stakeholder management skills and experience, including securing major gifts and/or corporate partnerships. Political advocacy experience will be highly regarded.
How to apply
Please read the Position Description attached here and check out our range of services at wagec.org.au.
*If you think you have the experience to do this role but don’t meet all our selection criteria, please get in touch anyway to discuss your situation. We recognise that sometimes the right candidate for a job is based in personal attributes/experiences, not just qualifications.*
To talk through any questions or if you would like assistance in applying, please contact Andrea Watkins, Director of People and Culture via email@example.com using the subject line: Director of Fundraising and Communities enquiry via EthicalJobs, or 0437 615 061.
Please apply ASAP, we are reviewing applications for interview as received.
Our ethical stance
WAGEC is entitled to employ only female and transgender-female staff, due to the nature of our service, under the Anti-Discrimination Act, 1977 (NSW) Section 31.
And when we say ‘women’, we mean women+ including non-binary people and people who identify as a woman. We strongly encourage women with lived experience, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and women of all cultures and identities to apply.
At WAGEC we are committed to caring for our people to help them excel in the work they do. Our additional employee benefits include:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Salary packaging options
- 2 days of paid well-being leave each year
- $500 self-care allowance each year
- Access to 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development opportunities and leave.