Practice Manager - Refuge & Service Manager
About the role
- Exciting leadership opportunity
- Attractive salary package, 12-month maternity leave role
- Make a positive impact in the lives of women and children
As the Practice Manager you will lead and manage a small team of experienced case managers and client support staff to deliver quality services in accordance with WAGEC mission and values.
You will direct the team’s practice to ensure that WAGEC client services are delivered using a person-centered, trauma-informed approach.
You will be responsible for managing a busy refuge for 18 women and their children, which includes coordinating small projects and contributing to the growth and development of our services for children and young people.
You provide technical expertise to case managers and other WAGEC staff so that there is an increased organisational understanding of evidence-based practices for working with people around child protection.
You will report to the Clients Services Manager and work closely with a group of other Practice Manager’s across the organisation.
The Women’s and Girls’ Emergency Centre (WAGEC) is a non-government, not-for profit charitable organisation that delivers a range of crisis and early intervention accommodation and support services to women, children, young people, and families who are experiencing, or at risk of homelessness and/or domestic and family violence.
We have operated in Sydney’s inner city and inner west for over 40 years. We currently deliver our Families Service through an alliance with the St Vincent De Paul Society, Jewish House and Stepping Out. Other WAGEC activities are delivered in partnership with community, business and government stakeholders.
The Ideal Candidate
To excel in this role, you will have experience in managing a crisis refuge and/or working in child protection and/or managing teams and programs. You love to keep busy and can juggle many balls in the air at any one time.
You are creative, professional, work to high standards and want to make your own mark on the development of a services and children’s program now and into the future.
You are a critical thinker with a hands-on approach and want to work for a dynamic organisation that values its staff and truly makes a difference in the lives of women and children.
To be considered for this role, you can demonstrate experience or extensive professional knowledge in these areas:
- 4+ years in community services as a case manager, direct client practice and/or service management setting
- Working in the area of domestic and family violence
- Working with people with complex trauma
- Child protection issues and child protection systems
- Experience managing women’s refuge or crisis accommodation facility
- Experience supervising staff
- Experience working with people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness
- Understanding of outcomes measurement, or program monitoring and evaluation
- Experience supervising volunteers and/or students
- Experience working with children, young people and their families
- Subject matter expertise in the area of child protection
You also have achieved or have made progress toward:
- Relevant tertiary level qualifications and/or equivalent experience
How to Apply
1) If you have any questions, please call/email us before making an application
2) Send us your application which should contain:
- Your 2-3 page CV, and
- A 2-page cover letter telling us why you think you are the best person to fill this role and what characteristics you will bring to the WAGEC team.
3) Applications close at 9.00am (Sydney time) 14 October 2019.
4) Applications should be emailed to email@example.com
** if you think you have what it takes to do this role but you don’t meet our selection criteria, please get in touch anyway to discuss your situation.
We recognise that sometimes the right candidate for a job is based in personal qualities not just qualifications **
For Further Information:
WAGEC Recruitment Consultant
Phone: 0437 880 010