Project Implementation Manager: Therapeutic Client Services
About the Role
Full time, 12 month contract, based in Redfern.
Lead a 12-month project to design, plan and operationalise a new client services framework incorporating a therapeutic model of care for women and children experiencing crisis, homelessness and DFV.
The Project Implementation Manager: Therapeutic Client Services (PIM) will lead a project to design, plan and operationalise a new client services framework that incorporates a therapeutic model of care.
The PIM will work closely with the Director of Client Operations, our Service Model Working Group consisting of staff from across the client services team and senior leadership team and will engage with current clients at each stage of the project.
The 12-month project to develop a new client services framework is scheduled with two distinct phases: program design, and program operationalising.
This project has been conceived and resourced as a result of internal analysis and informed by emerging trends and best practice approaches in the broader sector.
You will have specialist knowledge:
- Theoretical and applied knowledge of: models of therapeutic care, trauma informed practice, teams based approaches, and related client service models.
- Working with women and children experiencing crises, homelessness, domestic and family violence and/or other structural disadvantage.
- The NSW policy environment and service system particularly DFV, homelessness and housing policy.
- Client-centred service design and innovation
- Applying a feminist, intersectional and gender lens to programs
You will have extensive experience and knowledge in:
- Project management
- Program design
- Program systems, policy and procedures, and processes
- Program evaluation
- Stakeholder management
- Change management
For a full position description, click here.
How to Apply
- Send us your application which should contain: Your 2-3-page CV, and A 2-page cover letter telling us why you think you are the best person to fill this role and what characteristics you will bring to the WAGEC team.
- Applications close at 9.00am (Sydney time) 19 July 2021.
- Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews will be held within a week of the closing date.
For Further Information:
Meredith Turnbull WAGEC Recruitment Consultant
Phone: 0437 880 010 Email: email@example.com