Do you work for a Sydney-based not-for-profit with 20-100 employees?
Do you want to build your leadership confidence and skills?
Are you interested in creating a safe and supportive workplace?
Lead by WAGEC is a free three-month leadership program that empowers workplaces to become more accessible for and supportive of women who have experienced domestic, family and sexual violence.
We’re calling for expressions of interests from women and non-binary folks who work for Sydney-based not-for profits who want to learn about the prevention of gender-based violence and take practical actions in their workplace to support women impacted by violence.
What will you get out of it?
By participating in Lead, you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about gender equality, the impacts of violence and how to prevent violence
- Learn how your workplace can better support employees impacted by violence
- Develop your leadership confidence and skills through an individual leadership project
- Access resources to support you and your work beyond the program
- Connect with like-minded people seeking to create change in their workplace
- Receive a certificate of completion
What are the benefits for your workplace?
Workplaces can play an active role in strengthening the economic security and process of recovery for women impacted by domestic violence. By taking part in Lead, workplaces may:
- Increase their ability to attract and retain talented staff
- Enhance their reputation and brand
- Improve staff wellbeing, and prevent discrimination and harassment
- Strengthen the leadership skills of staff
What’s the commitment?
Over the three-months participants will need to commit to a total of approximately 30 hours for workshops, support spaces and individual work, consisting of:
3 x workshops (TBC if in-person, online or a combination of both) on:
- Thursday 22 September 9am-4.30pm
- Thursday 27 October 9am-1pm
- Thursday 8 December 9am-1pm
4 x 1 hour online support spaces
12 hours of individual work (approx. 1 hour a week)
How to register your interest?
If you’re interested in being involved please register your interest here and plan to attend our information session on Thursday 11 August from 12 - 12.45pm on Zoom.
If you have any questions contact Bella Gray on 0477 807 958 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Expressions of interest close at 9am on Wednesday 10 August 2022.