We’re the Women supporting Women in crisis and COVID-19 doesn’t stop that; in fact, vulnerable women and children need our support more than ever! WAGEC is continuing to offer support to women and families experiencing homelessness and domestic and family violence, it just means we need to do things a little differently.
We know that this current health crisis can place women and children at risk. If you are in immediate danger, please call 000. Otherwise, reach out to helplines 1800 RESPECT at 1800 737 732, the DOMESTIC VIOLENCE LINE at 1800 656 463, or contact our intake line on (02) 9319 4088 (available 8.30am – 4.30pm, Monday – Friday).
To promote the safety and health of our clients, volunteers, staff and the community we are implementing the following measures:
- WAGEC is an essential service and so we will continue to operate our core services during this time. Most of our support services are now being delivered through online platforms or via telephone.
- Our Redfern Shop Front has changed to an appointment only service. If you need support, please call our friendly intake on (02) 9319 4088 8.30am – 4.30pm, Monday – Friday.
- We are practicing social distancing and increasing infection control at Redfern Shop Front as well as all our accommodation facilities.
- If you have any donations of non-perishable food, cleaning or essential household supplies (unopened and in date) please contact us about drop off points. Unfortunately, we are unable to receive donations of clothing or household items during this time.
- For more information on WAGEC hours and available helplines, visit our contact page.
- We are following the latest update from our health and government authorities and are revising our COVID-19 response on a daily basis.
- For the latest information on COVID-19 please visit health.gov.au, health.nsw.gov.au or abc.net.au.
We are all in this together.